Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Perception on a Party Bus

Today, I was in my regular seat on the bus. The mudane one I ride in every day.

But, for a change, I pretended the bus belonged to me and the bus driver was my paid driver. I pretended we were going all around picking up all the people who were my friends. I imagined we were going to a party together or the beach or somewhere fun. I was so happy. What a great idea, what a great day it would be.

Then I saw the nearly beaten-to-death guy lying on the concrete as we approached Bupyeong station. He was strew out like a broken doll, limbs in all the wrong directions, blood all over him and his face and head. He had a circle of onlookers, but no one was helping him. I wondered which one of my friends did that to him and I hoped that friend didn't get on my party bus when the door opened at the stop.

We headed on towards the beach, but it wasn't the same after that.




No comments:

Post a Comment