Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Black Pearl and Collarbone

"What is the good news?" said Collarbone to Small Black Pearl one day.
"Well," said the Pearl. He pondered.
"The good news is that tied firmly around your neck, I am resting on you. And where ever you go, I get to go with you too. I get to see all kinds of things as I go along with you."
"True," said the Collarbone as he chuckled. This wasn't new news, but he wouldn't tell Pearl that.
 "And you aren't heavy at all, Pearl. In fact, you are very light, and very beautiful. You make me look good to everyone who sees me."
" Really?" Pearl was happy. He hadn't realized he had his own beauty. He was black, made darker and more murky by years of torment in the ocean. He rested back into his place on Collarbone and said one last thing.
" Where ever I go, I'm taking you with me too, so I am never without my place to rest."

1 comment: